IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Hawkes, Dean, Architecture and climate , 2012
Architecture and climate : an environmental history of British architecture, 1600-2000 / Dean Hawkes.
- Additional Title(s):
Environmental history of British architecture, 1600-2000
- 1st ed.
- London ; Routledge, 2012.
New York, NY : Routledge, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- x, 261 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
- Reference LibraryNA2541 .H39 2012 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email email@example.com]
- Full Orbis Record:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 248-254) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Environmental aspects -- Great Britain -- History.Architecture and climate -- Great Britain -- History.
- Climate described
- Robert Smythson and the environment of the Elizabethan country house
- Christopher Wren and the origins of building science
- Palladianism and the climate of England
- Building in the climate of the nineteenth century city
- The arts and crafts house climatically considered
- The modern movement house in the British climate
- The environmental architecture of Alison and Peter Smithson.