Architecture and climate : an environmental history of British architecture, 1600-2000 / Dean Hawkes.
- Additional Title(s):
Environmental history of British architecture, 1600-2000
- 1st ed.
- London ; Routledge, 2012.
New York, NY : Routledge, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- x, 261 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
- Reference LibraryNA2541 .H39 2012 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 248-254) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Environmental aspects -- Great Britain -- History.Architecture and climate -- Great Britain -- History.
- Climate described
- Robert Smythson and the environment of the Elizabethan country house
- Christopher Wren and the origins of building science
- Palladianism and the climate of England
- Building in the climate of the nineteenth century city
- The arts and crafts house climatically considered
- The modern movement house in the British climate
- The environmental architecture of Alison and Peter Smithson.