Hawkes, Dean, Architecture and climate , 2012
- Architecture and climate : an environmental history of British architecture, 1600-2000 / Dean Hawkes.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Environmental history of British architecture, 1600-2000
- 1st ed.
- London ; Routledge, 2012.
New York, NY : Routledge, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- x, 261 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
- Reference LibraryNA2541 .H39 2012 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 248-254) and index.
- Introduction -- Climate described -- Robert Smythson and the environment of the Elizabethan country house -- Christopher Wren and the origins of building science -- Palladianism and the climate of England -- Building in the climate of the nineteenth century city -- The arts and crafts house climatically considered -- The modern movement house in the British climate -- The environmental architecture of Alison and Peter Smithson.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Environmental aspects -- Great Britain -- History.Architecture and climate -- Great Britain -- History.