- [England] : [Lucy May Schofield], [between 2002 and 2008]
- Physical Description:
- 1 v. ( folded envelopes) ; 10 x 11 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.S36 S76 2002Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Title from artist's website.
Each envelope has postage stamp and post mark and is folded and slit open to form 4 pages.
BAC: British Art Center copy signed and dated (2012) by the artist. The postmarks date to 2002 and earlier.
"A collection of children's handwritten envelopes salvaged from the Santa Claus Central Post Office in Lapland are intricately sewn together to create a book documenting the dreams of children worldwide. Each letter is methodically removed on site and the envelopes are kept and sold to raise money for Unicef. Open edition; binding based on a 4th century Coptic stitch, with soft covers. Each book is entirely unique. Various sizes, 2002-2008."--Artist's website.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Mail art -- Great Britain.Santa Claus.
- Artists' books.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.