Schofield, Lucy May, [Stocking filler], [between 2002 and 2008]
- [Stocking filler].
- [England] : [Lucy May Schofield], [between 2002 and 2008]
- Physical Description:
- 1 v. ( folded envelopes) ; 10 x 11 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.S36 S76 2002Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "A collection of children's handwritten envelopes salvaged from the Santa Claus Central Post Office in Lapland are intricately sewn together to create a book documenting the dreams of children worldwide. Each letter is methodically removed on site and the envelopes are kept and sold to raise money for Unicef. Open edition; binding based on a 4th century Coptic stitch, with soft covers. Each book is entirely unique. Various sizes, 2002-2008."--Artist's website.
Title from artist's website.
Each envelope has postage stamp and post mark and is folded and slit open to form 4 pages.
BAC: British Art Center copy signed and dated (2012) by the artist. The postmarks date to 2002 and earlier.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Mail art -- Great Britain.Santa Claus.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.