Made Collective (Artist's group), Surplus to requirement, 21 x 23 x 5 cm
- Surplus to requirement [kit] : the herbarium special edition box.
- 1 box ; 21 x 23 x 5 cm.
- Physical Description:
- [Manchester] : [Made Collective], 
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.M333 S87 2010 FlatYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The text is published in a limited edition of 250 copies.
"This book is a collaboration between groups of artists at Manchester Metropolitan University (Made Collective) and the University of the West of England, Bristol working from research gathered around an overarching theme of 'Surplus to Requirements'. The artists have produced a creative response to two diverse collections in their respective cities, the Bookbarn in Bristol and the Herbarium at Manchester Museum prompting questions that such collections may raise about the past and propose for the future. MMU (Made Collective): Lucy May Schofield, Nick Fleming, Liz Machin, Tony Eve, Joan Beadle, Hilary Judd, Sylvia Waltering, Jacqueline Butler; UWE: Sarah Bodman, Paul Laidler, Guy Begbie, Andrew Eason, Tom Sowden, Helen Allsebrook, Teri Makassih, Angie Butler, Natalie McGrorty."--Made Collective's website.
"A special edition limited edition box, containing original artwork created by members of the Made Collective in response to the collection of plant and insect specimens housed within the Manchester Museum Herbarium, is also available."--Artist's website.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 5 of a limited edition of 250 copies. In box with clear cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Herbaria.Manchester Museum (University of Manchester)Visual literature -- Great Britain.Women in natural history.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
Dos-à-dos bindings (Binding)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.