Kander, Nadav, 1961-, Yangtze , 2010
Yangtze : the long river / Nadav Kander ; texts by Kofi A. Annan, Jean-Paul Tchang and Nadav Kander ; [translations, Sibylle Luig].
- Ostfildern : Hatje Cantz, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 76 p. of col. plates : map ; 28 x 35 cm.
- Reference LibraryTR655 .K36 2010 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "The photographs in the is book were taken over a three-year period during which Nadav Kander followed the course of the Yangtze River upstream, from the coastal estuary to its source in the mountains of the Himalayas. His aim was to chart the consequences of the extraordinary pace of Chinese economic development upon the world's third largest river. In so doing he also illuminates the effects of this development on the lives and traditions of the people who live in the 186 cities and myriad towns and rural villages that line the banks of the Yangtze"--Intro.
- Subject Terms:
- China -- Social life and customs -- Pictorial works.Yangtze River (China) -- Pictorial works.
- Intro / Kofi A. Annan
- In search of lost scenery / Jean-Paul Tchang
- The Photographs : from mouth to source
- Map of the Yangtze
- Artist's notes
- German translation