Heijbroek, J. F., 1949-, Frits Lugt, 1884-1970 , c2012
- Frits Lugt, 1884-1970 : living for art : a biography / J.F. Heijbroek ; [translation: Lynne Richards].
- Alternate Title(s):
- Living for art
Frits Lugt, 1884-1970. English
- Bussum : Thoth Publishers ; c2012.
Paris : Fondation Custodia, c2012.
- Physical Description:
- 473 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
- Reference LibraryN7483.L83 H4513 2012 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 459-461), bibliography of Frits Lugt's works, and index.
This is the story of the remarkable collector, art dealer, researcher, art historian and author Frits Lugt (1884-1970). From 1901 to 1915 he worked at a Amsterdam auction company. From 1915 he collected paintings, drawings, prints and antiques. Not restricting himself to collect works of great artists like Rembrandt, Rubens, Van Dyck and Watteau, Lugt also succeeded in acquiring exceptional artworks by relatively smaller artists. Translation of the original Dutch edition from 2010 (978-90-6868-551-0).
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Collectors and collecting -- Netherlands -- Biography.Art historians -- Netherlands -- Biography.Lugt, Frits, 1884-197.Lugt, Frits, 1884-1970 -- Art collections.