Cooper, Emmanuel, Lucie Rie , 2012
Lucie Rie : modernist potter / Emmanuel Cooper.
- Additional Title(s):
- New Haven [Conn.] : Published for the Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art by Yale University Press, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 328 p.,16 p. of plates : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryNK4210.R51 C66 2012 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Potters -- England -- Biography.Rie, Lucie.
- Ah, Vienna 1902-1912
- A model pupil, 1912-1922
- Lost to the wheel, 1922-1926
- A studio of one's own, 1926-1930
- A young pottery-worker of fine taste, 1930-1935
- Tomorrow is another day, 1935-1938
- A high class potter, 1938-1941
- Potter and button maker, 1941-1946
- Make in your own way, 1946-1950
- A class apart, 1950-1958
- Organic geometry, 1958-1967
- Metropolitan potter, metropolitan pots, 1967-1980
- Pottery is my profession, 1980-1990
- The persistence of pots, 1990-1995