Slaughter of British troops in India, 
- Slaughter of British troops in India.
- [Sheffield] : F. Jones, Printer, 55 Lambert Street, Sheffield, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ( p.) : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS361 .S53 1880+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Verse relating the defeat of British forces led by Brigadier George Reynolds Scott Burrows, at the Battle of Kandahar, on 27 July 1880. Lyrics to be put to the melody 'Home once more'.
"On Saturday or Sunday last the 24th or 25th, of July, General Burrows's brigade was surprised near Candahar, and nearly all of them slaughtered by 12,000 Afgans."
Text in two columns.
With a wood-engraved illustration below the title, at top of page.
- Subject Terms:
- Afghan Wars -- Songs and music.Afghanistan -- History -- 19th century.Afghanistan -- Military relations -- Great Britain.Burrows, George Reynolds Scott, 1827-1917.Great Britain -- History, Military -- 19th century.Great Britain -- Military relations -- Afghanistan.Jones, F. -- Printer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.