The Tunbridge Wells guide, or, An account of the ancient & present state of that place : with a particular description of all the towns, villages, antiquities, natural curiosities, ancient & modern seats, founderies, &c. within the circumference of sixteen miles, with accurate views of the principal objects.
- Additional Title(s):
Clifford's descriptive guide of Tunbridge Wells
Descriptive guide of Tunbridge Wells
- Fourth edition.
- Tunbridge Wells : Printed & published by J. Clifford, 1828.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 188 p.,  leaves of plates ( folded) : ill., col. map ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.T92 C55 1828Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title, on publisher's printed boards: Fourth edition, 1828. Clifford's descriptive guide of Tunbridge Wells ...
Map engraved by S. Waters; after J. Hastings. Engravings by S. Neele, William Walker, John Walkers, Henry Ashby, and H. Vaughan; after J. Hastings and J. Lambert.
Title leaf and dedication leaf are engraved.
Address to the reader: Signed J. Clifford, August, 1827.
"Distances of several pleasant excursions on leaving the Wells, and returning by different routes"--p. 176-182.
"Useful information for those residing in or visiting Tunbridge Wells"--p. 183-188.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original paper covered boards. Cover title and edition statement taken front yellow printed paper covered boards. Publisher's advertisements  p. at end not included in pagination. Publisher's advertisement on front and back cover. Extra illustrated.
- Subject Terms:
- Baths -- England -- Tunbridge Wells.Clifford, J. -- Publisher.Health resorts -- England -- Tunbridge Wells.Tunbridge Wells (England) -- Description and travel.Tunbridge Wells (England) -- Guidebooks.Tunbridge Wells (England) -- Maps.Tunbridge Wells (England) -- Social conditions.
- Engravings -- 1828.
Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1828.
Extra-illustrated copies (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
The Tunbridge Wells guide, or, An account of the ancient & present state of that place , 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.