The storming of Seringapatam : the first important engagement in which the Duke of Wellington was engaged in India / painted by Peter Krafft.
- Additional Title(s):
Specimen premium plate presented with Tallis's edition of the life of Wellington.
- London ; Published by John Tallis, 
New York : Published by John Tallis, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 print : engraving ; 43 x 37 cm, folded to 29 x 22 cm., in boards 29 x 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS474.1 .K73 1853+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Issued by the publisher in blind-stamped cloth boards, with title stamped in gilt: Specimen premium plate presented with Tallis's edition of the life of Wellington.
BAC: British Art Center copy folded into publisher's original cloth portfolio. Includes, on verso of front cover, an advertisement for Tallis's illustrated edition of Lieut.-Col. William Freke Williams' life of Wellington.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- History -- 1800-1837.Great Britain -- History, Military -- 19th century.India -- History -- British occupation, 1765-1947.India -- History -- Mysore War, 1799.Mysore (India) -- History.Śrīraṅgapaṭṭaṇa (India) -- History -- Siege, 1799.Tallis, John -- Publisher.Wellington, Arthur Wellesley, Duke of, 1769-1852.Williams, William Freke, 1792-1860. Life and times of the late Duke of Wellington.
- Engravings -- 1853.
YCBA Collections Search
Krafft, Johann Peter, 1780-1856, The storming of Seringapatam , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.