The investigation of the charges brought against His Royal Highness the Duke of York, Commander in Chief, by G.L. Wardle, Esq., M. P. for Oakhampton, Devon : with the remarks of the members and the whole of the evidence, official papers, &c. from the most authentic documents.
- Additional Title(s):
Added engraved t.p.: Stratford's authentic edition of the investigation of the charges brought against His Royal Highness the Duke of York ...
- London : J. Stratford, 1809
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA506.A7 I56 1809View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Includes 17 portraits engraved by James Hopwood, 14 of which are after sketches by Thomas Rowlandson.
Originally published in 32 parts.
Identical to LCCN 40020057, excepting slightly different wording on the letterpress t.p. in v. 1 only.
Publisher's advertisements: v. 2,  p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy in original parts, in publisher's blue printed wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Corruption investigation -- Great Britain.Frederick Augustus, Prince, Duke of York and Albany, 1763-1827.Great Britain. Army -- Corrupt practices.Stratford, J. -- Publisher.Stratford, W. -- Printer.Wardle, Gwyllym Lloyd, 1762?-1833.
- Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1809.
YCBA Collections Search
The investigation of the charges brought against His Royal Highness the Duke of York, Commander in Chief, by G.L. Wardle, Esq., M. P. for Oakhampton, Devon , 1809
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.