New map of central London divided into quarter mile squares [cartographic material].
- Additional Title(s):
Waistcoat pocket map of London : shewing all the new railways and stations marked with the name of all the tramways and other improvements : divided into quarter mile squares to calculate cab fares
- [London : James Reynolds, ca. 1869]
- Physical Description:
- 1 map ; 416 x 532 mm, folded in cover 67 x 54 mm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG5754.L7 R49 1869 FlatAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:18,500] -- (W 0°11ʹ24ʺ--W 0°2ʹ42ʺ/N 51°32ʹ42ʺ--N 51°28ʹ44ʺ).
- Imprint from Hyde.
The map is wood-engraved.
Map shows Holborn Viaduct (J19) and St. Johns Wood Railway Station (F8).
Hyde, R. Maps of Victorian London, no. 97(2)
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary cloth, with publisher's printed title label.
- Subject Terms:
- London (England) -- Maps.Miniature books -- Specimens.
- Wood engravings -- 1869.
Maps -- England -- London -- 1869.
YCBA Collections Search
Reynolds, James, active 1845-1864, New map of central London divided into quarter mile squares, ca. 1869]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.