Diary of an English woman.
- England, 1872 June 17-1876 September 19.
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume (121 pages) ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA688. D53 1872+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of the American Antiquarian SocietyView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Archives & Manuscripts
- Bound in maroon leather, with marbled edges. Stationer's label: Sold by Partridge & Cooper, 192 Fleet Street.
Manuscript diary, by an unidentified English woman, kept from 1872 to 1876. The author appears to be from the upper class, mentioning frequent trips to the opera, theater, and museums, as well as many trips across Europe.
- Subject Terms:
- Europe -- Description and travel.Museums -- Great Britain.Opera -- Great Britain.Theater -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.