[Circle concertina book].
- [Elsdon, Northumberland] : [Sarah Morpeth], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet ( leaves) : ill. ; 13 x 84 cm, folded to 13 x 14 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.M675 C57 2011Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Artist's book. Six accordion folded panels into which are cut botanical designs within a circular frame. The first and last panels are attached to blue cloth-covered boards, which both have square cut-outs. The book may be stood up, with panels spaced out, allowing the viewer to peer through all six cut-outs, and offering a scene of dense vegetation.
Panels are hand-stitched together with white thread. The ends of the thread are untrimmed and protrude from the edges of the book.
Title from artist.
Limited edition of 30 copies.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 12 of 30. Signed by the artist.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Botanical illustration -- Great Britain.Morpeth, Sarah -- Publisher.Women in natural history.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
Toy and movable books.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.