Rook, Anne, Herbarium de medicosis herbis que ebrietatem dant =, 2008
- Herbarium de medicosis herbis que ebrietatem dant = Herbal of medicinal plants conducive to intoxication.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Herbal of medicinal plants conducive to intoxication
- [London?] : M.M. Visual Catering, 2008.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.R66 H47 2008Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Features plants used in the making of alcoholic drinks. With the scientific name (in Latin) of each species, along with the common names in English and French. Each herb is accompanied by a list of drinks made with the herb.
Published in a limited edition of 30 copies.
The herbs depicted comprise wormwoods, fennel, anise, juniper, rye-wheat-potato, sugarcane, barley, grape vine, and hops.
Artists' book yearbook 2012-2011, p. 243
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 12 of of 30.
- Subject Terms:
- Alcoholic beverages -- Miscellanea.Artists' books -- Great Britain.Botanical illustration -- Great Britain.M.M. Visual Catering -- Publisher.Women in natural history.
Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.