The book of 4021 & 4020 : (golden delicious).
- [London] : MM Visual Catering, 2002.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 16 cm. + 1 plastic food container (19 x 14 x 4 cm.)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.R66 B66 2002 FlatYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- © 2016 Anne Rook
- "Rook was fascinated by these [produce Price Look Up] labels with their coded data and bright colours, and she began not only to collect them, but also to scan them and print her own copies of them which she has used in various ways--for example to wrap and thus to brand apples and pears, and even trees."--Victoria and Albert Museum, website.
Limited edition of 100 copies.
Of green leaf, bird, and flower: artists' books and the natural world, p. 115
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 19 of a limited edition of 100 copies.
A series of six photographs of Golden Delicious apples, each completely wrapped in paper patterned from various grocer's price look-up labels, which are coded 4021 or 4020. The images are injet printed on blueprint paper, and laid in a transparent plastic food container.
- Subject Terms:
- Apples in art.Artists' books -- Great Britain.Botanical illustration -- Great Britain.MM Visual Catering -- Publisher.Photography, Artistic.Women in natural history.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.