Fashioning fashion : European dress in detail, 1700-1915 / Sharon Sadako Takeda and Kaye Durland Spilker ; preface by John Galliano ; essay by Kimberly Chrisman-Campbell ; and contributions by Kimberly Chrisman-Campbell, Clarissa M. Esguerra, Nicole LaBouff.
- Additional Title(s):
European dress in detail, 1700-1915
At head of title: Ff
- [Los Angeles, Calif.] : Los Angeles County Museum of Art : c2010.
- Physical Description:
- 223 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 33 cm.
- Reference LibraryGT720 .T35 2010 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Published in conjunction with an exhibition held at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art. Oct. 2, 2010-March 6, 2011.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 214-216) and index.
Luxurious textiles, exacting tailoring, and lush trimmings abound in this glorious volume that celebrates the evolution of European dress through two centuries. Fashion is in the details. The textiles, tailoring, and trimmings all work together in the creation of the finest pieces.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- Europe -- Exhibitions.Clothing and dress -- Europe -- History.Costume -- Europe -- Exhibitions.Costume -- Europe -- History.Fashion -- Europe -- History.Fashion design -- Europe -- History.
- Director's foreword / Michael Govan
- Preface / John Galliano
- Introduction / Sharon Sadako Takeda
- Fashioning (and refashioning) European fashion / Kimberly Chrisman-Campbell