Lavender, Kenneth, Book repair , c2011
Book repair : a how-to-do-it manual / Kenneth Lavender.
- 2nd ed. rev. / revised by Artemis BonaDea
- New York : Neal-Schuman Publishers Inc., c2011.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 265 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Reference LibraryZ701 L32 2011 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Lavender shows librarians, archivists, and other book collectors how to accomplish an archivally sound repair with a little practice and forethought.
- Subject Terms:
- Bookbinding -- Repairing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Books -- Conservation and restoration -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Introduction to book repair
- The basics : tools and techniques- what you need and what you need to know
- Paper cleaning
- Treatment of water-damaged books and papers and removal of mold and mildew
- Paper mending
- Hinge and spine repair
- Protective enclosures
- Appendix A. A disposable box of paper or polyester film
- Appendix B. Supplies
- Appendix C. Suppliers
- Appendix D. Bibliography of print and electronic resources