The preservation survey [videorecording] : a first step in saving your collections / produced by LightStream Digital Media ; executive producers, Tom Clareson, Laura Kimberly, Steve Dalton.
- Dallas, TX : Amigos Library Service, c2003.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (28 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Reference LibraryDVD 194Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Based on the NEDCC publication: Assessing preservation needs, a self-survey guide / edited by Beth Patkus.
Originally released as a motion picture in 2003.
Major funding from a National Leadership Grant provided by the Institute of Museum and Library Services ; project partners: Amigos Library Services, Northeast Document Conservation Center, OCLC.
Designed to assist library, archives, historical society, and museum staff in observing proper procedures for collection assessment and learning how to conduct an effective survey. It vividly illustrates both the dangers to collections and offers best practices in examining an institution's policies for preserving its general and special collections materials.
- Subject Terms:
- Archival materials -- Conservation and restoration.Library materials -- Conservation and restoration.Preservation of materials.
YCBA Collections Search
The preservation survey, c2003