Animal encounters : human and animal interaction in Britain from the Norman conquest to World War I / Arthur MacGregor.
- Additional Title(s):
Human and animal interaction in Britain from the Norman conquest to World War I
- London : Reaktion Books, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 552 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 26 cm.
- Reference LibraryQL85 .M277 2012 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- "Acts of Parliament and other statutory instruments consulted in preparing the text": p. 528-529.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 505-523) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Animal culture -- Great Britain -- History.Animals and civilization -- Great Britain -- History.Human-animal relationships -- Great Britain -- History.Working animals -- Great Britain -- History.
- Introduction : Human engagement with the animal world
- The ubiquitous horse
- The art of venery and its adjuncts
- Urban and rural sports and pastimes
- The living larder
- Animals on the farm