River work(s) / Christine Mackey.
- Additional Title(s):
- [Ireland] : Ignition Press, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 156 p. : col. ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.M325 R58 2008Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title from cover.
"In 2006 Christine Mackey was commissioned by Sligo Borough Council to explore the landscape and history of Doorly Park, the Garavogue river and it's environs from an artist's perspective. Her explorations on foot took her from the harbour, up river to Lough Gill photographing, filming, drawing and finding out things by talking to local people ..."--Foreword.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, Modern -- 21st century -- Ireland -- Exhibitions.Artists' books -- Ireland.Garavogue, River (Ireland) -- In art.Installations (Art) -- Ireland -- Sligo.Mackey, Christine.Public art -- Ireland -- Sligo.Sligo (Ireland : County) -- In art.Women in natural history.
- Artists' books -- Ireland.
- River marks(s): Stream ordering through time and space
- River cite(s): Introducing Cleaveragh, traversing home-ground
- River sketch(s): Re-tracing the footsteps of Miss Owenson
- River pattern(s): A user's guide, from the birds to the fishes
- River tone(s) botanical survey of Doorly Park
- River note(s): Re-claiming the Gate Lodge at Doorly Park.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.