Butterflies / by Ciara Healy.
- [Ireland] : www.ignition.ie, 
- Physical Description:
- 59 p. : chiefly col. ill. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.H43 B88 2006+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Friends of British ArtAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The book "is concerned with the past and the manner in which it intersects and affects perceptions of the present. Drawing particular inspiration from the meaning of the terms 'native,' 'migratory' and 'hybrid,' and their use in relation to exile and home, the book is the first part of a 'nature library' series I am developing. This series addresses the themes of betweenness embodied by displaced and diasporic populations using Victorian archival methodologies, museological objects and institutional forms of diplay, as well as 19th century botanical wildlife illustrators. In this book, the butterflies represent the many parallel lives that have lived and lost. Momentarily they overcome the brutal nature of their extinction, as semingly disparate histories come together to form a rich tapestry of connection."--Information provided by the artist.
Limited edition of 500 copies.
Artists' books yearbook 2008-2009, p. 171
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original grey cloth, stamped in pink. Inscribed: To Ros [Kavanagh?], with thanks, Ciara Healy. Unnumbered. Healy's business card removed to Book artist's file.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Ireland.Butterflies in art.Healy, Ciara -- Pres. insc. to Ros Kavanagh.Ignition.ie -- Publisher.Kavanagh, Ros -- Pres. insc. from Ciara Healy.Women in natural history.
- Artists' books -- Ireland
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.