St. Leger, Anthony, 1731-1786, Anthony St. Leger account book, 1772-1835 (bulk 1772)
Anthony St. Leger account book.
- Yorkshire, England, 1772-1835 (bulk 1772)
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes (43, 70 pages) ; 25 cm
- Unable to reach service. Holdings currently not available
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Archives & Manuscripts
- Bound in contemporary reversed calf and marbled boards.
Account books for the estates of Anthony St. Leger at Park Hill, near Firbeck, Yorkshire. The two volumes are noted as Reference Book No. 1 and No. 2, and are dated 1772 on the first pages. There are some later notes on the inner rear board of Book 1 dated 1833 and 1835. The accounts list owners of property, with the house or field names, and with tithes received.
A solicitor's letter tipped in at the front of volume 2, dated 1819, provides a schedule of estate records "found in the possession of my late worthy partner."
- Subject Terms:
- Administration of estates -- England -- Yorkshire.Land tenure -- England -- Yorkshire.St. Leger, Anthony, 1731-1786.Yorkshire (England) -- Economic conditions -- 18th century -- Sources.
- Account books.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.