Sketches of scenery in the Basque Provinces of Spain : with a selection of national music, arranged for piano-forte and guitar : illustrated by notes and reminiscences with the war in Biscay and Castile / by Henry Wilkinson, member of the Royal College of Surgeons, and late Staff-Surgeon in the British Legion.
- Additional Title(s):
Wilkinson's sketches & music of the Basque Provinces in Spain
Wilkinson's sketches and music of the Basque Provinces in Spain
Sketches & music of the Basque Provinces in Spain
Sketches and music of the Basque Provinces in Spain
- London : Published by Ackermann & Co. 96, Strand, 1838.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 48, 32 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDP302.B46 W55 1838+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title, stamped in gilt on publisher's cloth binding: Wilkinson's Sketches & music of the Basque provinces in Spain.
Lithography by Henry Wilkinson.
Printed by C. Richards, St. Martin's Lane, Charing Cross, London.
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 155
"Selection of Spanish music."--32 p. at end. The music is printed with intaglio plates.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's original brown cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann & Co. -- Publisher.Music -- Spain -- País Vasco.País Vasco (Spain) -- Description and travel.Richards, C. -- Printer.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1838.
- Plains of Vittoria
- Alza, Renteria, and Lesso
- Passages, Lord John Hay's Position
- Port of Passages
- Carlist fort El Parque with Fuentarabia and mouth of the Bidassoa
- Irun with the bridge and village of Behobia
- San Sebastian
- Burying ground, St Sebastian.