Royal river , c2012
- Royal river : power, pageantry and the Thames / edited by Susan Doran with Robert J. Blyth.
- London, England : Scala Books with the National Maritime Museum, Greenwich, c2012.
- Physical Description:
- 292 p. : ill. (chiefly color) ; 28 cm.
- Reference LibraryDA670 T2 R69 2012 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Published on the occasion of the exhibition Royal River : Power, Pageantry and the Thames at the National Maritime Museum, Greenwich, London, 27 April - 9 September 2012 and for HM Queen Elizabeth II's Diamond Jubilee.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 284-287) and index.
- Introduction -- The royal Thames -- The Lord Mayor's Procession -- The eighteenth century river -- The working river and its Victorian transformation -- Royal yachts and the Navy -- epilogue
- Subject Terms:
- London (England) -- In art -- Exhibitions.London (England) -- Pictorial works.National Maritime Museum (Great Britain)Rivers -- England -- History.Royal houses -- Great Britain.Thames River (England) -- In art -- Exhibitions.