Transculturation in British art, 1770-1930 , c2012
Transculturation in British art, 1770-1930 / edited by Julie F. Codell.
- Farnham, Surrey, England ; Ashgate, c2012.
Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2012.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 289 p.,  p. of col. plates : ill. (some col.), map ; 25 cm.
- Reference LibraryN6764 .T73 2012 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Related Content:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Acculturation.Art and society.Art, British -- Themes, motives.
- The art of transculturation / Julie F. Codell
- Art's changing publics and politics : transcultural receptions. Baron of Bengal : Robert Clive and the birth of an imperial image / Romita Ray
- Miniature paintings as transcultural objects? The John Norton and Peter Jones portraits / Kristina Huneault
- The politics of transculturation : the life and art of John Frederick Lewis (1804-1876) / Emily M. Weeks
- The many shades of Shakespeare : representations of Othello and Desdemona in Victorian visual culture / Nancy Rose Marshall
- "Bronzed and muscular bodies" : jinrikishas, tattooed bodies, and Yokohama tourist photography / Luke Gartlan
- The camera and the contact zone : re-envisioning the representation of aboriginal women in the Canadian north / Susan Close
- Te kai-hautu o te waka/Director of the canoe : the statue of Sir George Grey in Auckland / Mark Stocker
- Ambivalent geographies : the British Concession in Tianjin, China, c. 1860-1946 / Dana Arnold
- When art moves and multiplies : transcultural geographies. Divided objects of empires : Ottoman imperial portraiture and transcultural aesthetics / Mary Roberts
- "A voice from the Congo" : Herbert Ward's sculptures in Europe and America / Kirsty Breedon
- War and peace : Harry Bates's Lord Roberts memorial in London, Calcutta, and Glasgow / Jason Edwards
- "Wonderful pieces of stage management" : reviewing masculine fashioning, race, and imperialism in John Singer Sargent's British portraits, c. 1897-1914 / Andrew Stephenson
- Colonial nationalism and closer union : Hugh Lane in South Africa / Morna O'Neill.