Contemporary art in print : the publications of Charles Booth-Clibborn and his imprint the Paragon Press 2001-2006 / edited by Etienne Lullin and Florian-Oliver Simm.
- London : Paragon Press : c2006.
Hampshire : distributed in Europe by Art Books International ; c2006.
New York, N.Y. : distributed in the USA and Canada by Harry N. Abrams, c2006.
- Physical Description:
- 336 p. : chiefly ill. (some col.) ; 30 cm. + 1 folded print.
- Reference LibraryNE491 .C641 2006 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references.
"This book is published on the occasion of the twentieth anniversary of The Paragon Press. It offers a survey of the publications of the last five years. The range of artists Charles Booth-Clibborn works with stretches across generations from Alan Davie and the late Terry Frost through to Jake and Dinos Chapman and Gary Hume as well as a younger generation of artists such as Gillian Carnegie and George Shaw. The thirty-one projects by eighteen artists presented in this volume provide an extraordinary overview of the British Art scene at the beginning of the Twenty First Century. Each project is illustrated in colour and is accompanied by detailed descriptions. In addition, the book includes essays for each of the publications based on interviews with the artists. It is an invaluable resource for scholars, collectors and enthusiasts of contemporary art in print."--BOOK JACKET.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, Modern -- 20th century.Booth-Clibborn, Charles.Paragon Press.Prints, British -- 20th century.
- 100 years ago / Peter Doig
- Timberaine 2000-2001; Halzephron 2001 / Terry Frost
- Dulles (Capital) 2001 / Sarah Morris
- Orchard Tambourine B 2002; Orchard Tambourine C 2002 / Terry Frost
- Nourishment 2002 / Michael Landy
- Marble 2002 / Marc Quinn
- In a spin, the action of the world on things, Volume 1 and Volume 2 / Damien Hirst
- Impromptus / Alan Davis
- Winter Garden 2004 / Marc Quinn
- Black Dahlias 2004 / Paul Morrison
- Methamphetamine 2004 ; Tetrahydrocannabinol 2004 / Damien Hirst
- Ponoka 2003-2004 / Gillian Carnegie
- Department of water and power (Los Angeles) 2004 / Sarah Morris
- Cinchonidine; Ciclopirox Olamine; Cineole 2004 / Damien Hirst
- My giant colouring book 2004 / Jake and Dinos Chapman
- Pond life 2004 / Bill Woodrow
- Map of an Englishman 2004 / Grayson Perry
- Nicola as an orchid; Pink Nicola; Brown, brown, silver and brown 2005 / Gary Hume
- Twelve short walks 2005 / George Shaw
- Print for a politician 2005 / Grayson Perry
- Diacetoxyscirpenol 2005 / Damien Hirst
- Nine etchings 2004-2005 / Hurvin Anderson
- Fifty etchings 2005 / Christopher Le Brun
- Etchasketchathon 2005 / Jake and Dinos Chapman
- The appointment 2005; The terminus 2005 / George Shaw
- Bromphenol blue and Xylene cyanol dye solution; Pyronin Y; Ethidium bromide aqueous solution 2005 / Damien Hirst
- Parlous land 2006 / Elizabeth Magill.