IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Young, Matthew McLennan, Rise and fall of the printers' international specimen exchange , 2012
Rise and fall of the printers' international specimen exchange / Matthew McLennan Young.
- First edition.
- New Castle, DE : Oak Knoll Press, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 154 pages : ill. (some col.) ; 29 cm.
- Reference LibraryZ250.P953 Y68 2012 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Full Orbis Record:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
"An in-depth study of the Printers' International Specimen Exchange, a subscription publication started in England in 1880 that ran for 16 volumes and included the work of over 1,000 printing establishments from 28 different nations. Includes 82 selected full-page reproductions of specimens and an index of contributors"--Provided by publisher.
- Subject Terms:
- Printers' international specimen exchange.Type and type-founding -- History -- 19th century.Type and type-founding -- Specimens.
- 1879 : I wish to make a suggestion
- 1880-87 : the Field & Tuer years
- The Hilton testimonial
- 1888-98 : the Raithby, Lawrence years
- Other specimen exchanges
- A gallery of specimens, 1880-1898
- Appendix. Contributors & volumes.