Young, Matthew McLennan, Rise and fall of the printers' international specimen exchange , 2012
- Rise and fall of the printers' international specimen exchange / Matthew McLennan Young.
- First edition.
- New Castle, DE : Oak Knoll Press, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 154 pages : ill. (some col.) ; 29 cm.
- Reference LibraryZ250.P953 Y68 2012 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "An in-depth study of the Printers' International Specimen Exchange, a subscription publication started in England in 1880 that ran for 16 volumes and included the work of over 1,000 printing establishments from 28 different nations. Includes 82 selected full-page reproductions of specimens and an index of contributors"--Provided by publisher.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Beginnings -- 1879 : I wish to make a suggestion -- 1880-87 : the Field & Tuer years -- The Hilton testimonial -- 1888-98 : the Raithby, Lawrence years -- Other specimen exchanges -- A gallery of specimens, 1880-1898 -- Appendix. Contributors & volumes.
- Subject Terms:
- Printers' international specimen exchange.Type and type-founding -- History -- 19th century.Type and type-founding -- Specimens.