Cruse, Amy, 1870-, The Englishman and his books,, 
- The Englishman and his books, in the early nineteenth century.
- London, G. G. Harrap 
- Physical Description:
- 300 p. fronts., plates, facsims. 23 cm.
- Reference LibraryPR457 C78 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deals with the readers, rather than the writers, of books; follows the author's "The shaping of English literature," which attempted to tell the story of the readers in England from the earliest times to the closing years of the eighteenth century. cf. Pref.
committed to retain 20170930 20421231 HathiTrust To help ensure preservation of print and digital collections, this title is retained by Yale University Library on behalf of the HathiTrust Shared Print Program.
- Subject Terms:
- Authors and readers.English literature -- 19th century -- History and criticism.Great Britain -- Intellectual life.