The Golden Cockerel Mabinogion , 1948
- The Golden Cockerel Mabinogion / a new translation from the White Book of Rhydderch and the Red Book of Hergest by Gwyn Jones and Thomas Jones ; with illustrations by Dorothea Braby.
- Alternate Title(s):
- London : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1948.
- Physical Description:
- , 266,  pages : illustrations ; 36 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPB2273 .M33 1948+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Designed, produced, and published by Christopher Sandford at the Golden Cockerel Press, London, in Caslon's Old Face type on mould-made paper, and finished on the nineteenth day of February. 1948. Composition and presswork under the supervision of F.J. Newbery at the Chiswick Press. Compositors: A.G. Douglas and C.H. Rae. Pressman: J. Bierman. The edition is limited to 550 numbered copies of which copies numbered 1-75 are specially bound."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 176
BEIN 2012 Folio 296: No. 14. Signed by Gwyn Jones, Thomas Jones, and Dorothea Braby. Bookplate: Mary Priscilla Smith. Binder's stamp: S. & S., London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 13 of 550. One of 75 copies specially bound in orange morocco by Sangorski & Sutcliffe. Signed by Gwyn Jones, Thomas Jones, and Dorothea Braby.
- Subject Terms:
- Braby, Dorothea -- Autograph.Jones, Gwyn, 1907-1999 -- Autograph.Jones, Thomas, 1910-1972 -- Autograph.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Smith, Mary Priscilla -- Bookplate.Tales -- Wales.Tales, Medieval.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Binders' stamps (Binding) -- Sangorski & Sutcliffe.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.