Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, Conservation and care of museum collections , c2011
Conservation and care of museum collections / [Richard Newman ... et al.].
- 1st ed.
- Boston : MFA publications ; c2011.
New York, N.Y. : Distributed by ARTBOOK / D. A.P., c2011.
- Physical Description:
- 184 p. : col. ill. ; 23 cm.
- Reference LibraryN8560 M87 2011 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 175-177) and index.
"[...] Features art objects that tell their histories with particular force, bringing readers behind the scenes into the studios and laboratories of museum conservators. Fifty-one works from the comprehensive collections of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, are explored and illustrated, revealing the secrets of conservation and how museum scientists spot a fake"--Front flap.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Conservation and restoration -- Massachusetts -- Boston.Museum of Fine Arts, Boston.