In loving remembrance of Alice Daisy Walker : who died July 21st, 1895, aged 6 years : interred in Abney Park Cemetery, July 29th, no. of grave 93,528.
- London?, 1895.
- Physical Description:
- 1 embossed print : added silver, letterpress ; 31 x 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2012 49aYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Including eight lines of verse beginning "A light is from the household gone ..."
"In a further elaboration, [memorial] cards might be mounted on larger 'frame' cards. These were similarly treated with low-relief and lace effect and were designed to be mounted on a black background for glazing and framing ... Some of these appeared with the addition of silver (and, more rarely, pastel colours) ..."--Rickards, M. The encyclopedia of ephemera, p. 157.
Embossed and printed memorial card, in remembrance of Alice Daisy Walker. The image depicts a mother mourning at the foot of a large cross, framed by Gothic tracery, against a black background. The text is printed letterpress.
- Subject Terms:
- Abney Park Cemetery (London, England)Children -- Death.Great Britain -- Social life and customs.Grief.Walker, Alice Daisy, 1888 or 9-1895.
- Memorials (Commemorative)
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.