Explanation of an allegorical, emblematical & characteristic design for the arms of Buonaparte : designed, drawn & invented by E.F. Stratton Reader / G. Alexander sculp., 130, Strand.
- [London] : Published for the proprietor, March 10, 1807, by R. Ackermann, Strand, 1807.
- Physical Description:
- 1 print : engraving ; sheet 23 x 19 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2012 49gYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- This work describes another print published by Ackermann in 1807: A characteristic design for the arms of Buonaparte, designed, drawn & invented by E.F. Stratton Reader (George 10706).
The text is entirely engraved.
Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum, 11057
BAC: British Art Center copy housed with the "Characteristic design for the arms of Buonaparte", which is cataloged separately (Folio A 2012 49f).
- Subject Terms:
- France -- History -- 1789-1815.Napoleon I, Emperor of the French, 1769-1821 -- Caricatures and cartoons.Napoleon I, Emperor of the French, 1769-1821 -- Satire.Reader, Edward Francis Stratton, -1872. Characteristic design for the arms of Buonaparte.
- Engravings -- 1807.
YCBA Collections Search
Explanation of an allegorical, emblematical & characteristic design for the arms of Buonaparte , 1807
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.