The old English musketoon : a parody.
- [London] : C. Moody, lith. printer, 257, Holborn, [1851?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 print : lithograph ; sheet 40 x 34 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2012 49nYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "To be sung to the tune of 'The old English gentleman.'"
"By the author of the 'Rifle Musket'."
BAC: British Art Center copy has label, on the reverse, of "M. Flack, music binder, no. 40 Malden Lane, Covt. Garden." The label appears to predate the print.
Ballad sheet, bearing a large illustration of two personified rifles in dialogue, Brown Bess and Miss Minié (the younger model), above five stanzas of verse. A humorous take on the replacement of the British Land Pattern Musket (Brown Bess) by the Minié rifle, in 1851.
- Subject Terms:
- Flack, M. -- Provenance.Great Britain. Army.Rifles -- Great Britain.
- Lithographs -- 1851.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.