Elementary art, or, The use of the lead pencil advocated and explained / by J.D. Harding.
- Additional Title(s):
Use of the lead pencil advocated and explained
- New edition.
- London : Charles Tilt, Fleet Street, 1838.
- Physical Description:
- iv, 80 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 39 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC710 .H36 1838+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Cover title, stamped in gilt: Harding's elementary art.
Printed by E., B., and G. Clarke, Printers, Silver Street, Falcon Square, London.
British Art Center copy bound in publisher's blind- and gilt-tooled brown cloth. Inscribed: From Charlotte Maria Stradbroke to her dear G.? nieces Mary & Ann Lawson, 1845. Has cased with it: Elementary art, or, the use of chalk and lead pencil advocated and explained / J.D. Harding. London : D. Bogue, 1846 (Abbey L 135.82).
- Subject Terms:
- Clarke, B. -- Printer.Clarke, E. -- Printer.Clarke, G., -- Printer.Drawing -- Study and teaching.Drawing -- Technique.Figure drawing.Landscape drawing.Lawson, Ann -- Pres. insc. from Charlotte Maria Stradbroke. 1845.Lawson, Mary -- Pres. insc. from Charlotte Maria Stradbroke. 1845.Line (Art)Pencil drawing.Shades and shadows in art.Stradbroke, Charlotte Maria -- Pres. insc. to Mary & Ann Lawson. 1845.Tilt, Charles -- Publisher.
- Drawings books.
Lithographs -- 1838.
Manuals (Handbooks) -- Great Britain -- 19th century.
YCBA Collections Search
Harding, James Duffield, 1798-1863, Elementary art, or, The use of the lead pencil advocated and explained , 1838
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.