Illustrations of the field movements of cavalry : in a series of copper plate engravings : with an introductory chapter, illustrated by engravings upon wood : intended for the use of yeomanry and volunteer cavalry : and also of noblemen and gentlemen, who, contemplating service in this force, or from whatever other motive, may wish to acquire a knowledge of cavalry tactics / by Captain John Bamford.
- Additional Title(s):
Captain Bamford's illustrations of cavalry movements
Illustrations of cavalry movements
- London : Printed for the author by W. Nicol, 1824.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 18,  p., 13 leaves of plates : ill. ; 53 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2012 54Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title, on publisher's printed label: Captain Bamford's Illustrations of Cavalry Movements.
Plates are printed on double leaves.
BM (compact ed.), v. 2, p. 269
Includes table of reference.
Errata slip tipped in.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary quarter green cloth with marbled boards, with publisher's printed title label on front cover. With an added printed label affixed to title label: "R.&J. Lloyd, Booksellers, Mold." Bookplate of the Royal United Service Institution recording the volume's presentation by Major H.R.H. Southam of the 6th Lancashire Volunteer Artillery, in 1900.
- Subject Terms:
- Cavalry drill and tactics -- Great Britain.Great Britain -- History, Military -- 19th century.Great Britain. Army -- Cavalry -- Drill and tactics.Military art and science -- Great Britain.Nicol, W. -- Printer.Royal United Service Institution -- Bookplate.Southam, H. R. H. -- Pres. insc. 1900.
- Engravings -- 1824.
Wood engravings -- 1824.
YCBA Collections Search
Bamford, John, Captain, Illustrations of the field movements of cavalry , 1824
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.