Illustrations of the field movements of cavalry : in a series of copper plate engravings : with an introductory chapter, illustrated by engravings upon wood : intended for the use of yeomanry and volunteer cavalry : and also of noblemen and gentlemen, who, contemplating service in this force, or from whatever other motive, may wish to acquire a knowledge of cavalry tactics / by Captain John Bamford.
- Additional Title(s):
Captain Bamford's illustrations of cavalry movements
Illustrations of cavalry movements
- London : Printed for the author by W. Nicol, 1824.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 18,  p., 13 leaves of plates : ill. ; 53 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2012 54Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Cover title, on publisher's printed label: Captain Bamford's Illustrations of Cavalry Movements.
Plates are printed on double leaves.
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books to 1955 (compact edition), v. 2, p. 269
Includes table of reference.
Errata slip tipped in.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary quarter green cloth with marbled boards, with publisher's printed title label on front cover. With an added printed label affixed to title label: "R.&J. Lloyd, Booksellers, Mold." Bookplate of the Royal United Service Institution recording the volume's presentation by Major H.R.H. Southam of the 6th Lancashire Volunteer Artillery, in 1900.
- Subject Terms:
- Cavalry drill and tactics -- Great Britain.Great Britain -- History, Military -- 19th century.Great Britain. Army -- Cavalry -- Drill and tactics.Military art and science -- Great Britain.Nicol, W. -- Printer.Royal United Service Institution -- Bookplate.Southam, H. R. H. -- Pres. insc. 1900.
- Engravings -- 1824.
Wood engravings -- 1824.
YCBA Collections Search
Bamford, John, Captain, Illustrations of the field movements of cavalry , 1824
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.