Garnett, Henrietta, 1945-, Wives and stunners , 2012
- Wives and stunners : the Pre-Raphaelites and their muses / Henrietta Garnett.
- London : Macmillan, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 315 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.), ports. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryND467.5.P7 G276 2012 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes index.
Essentially a domestic biography whose main concern is the tragicomedy of manners enacted by a closely knit group of friends and lovers, 'Wives and Stunners' tells the story of Janey Morris, Georgie Burne-Jones, Lizzie Siddall, Effie Gray and less well-known, Marie Spartali, Aglaia Coronio and Mary Zambacco.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Painters' spouses -- England.Pre-Raphaelites -- Relations with women.Women in art.