Reading Victorian illustration, 1855-1875 , 
Reading Victorian illustration, 1855-1875 : spoils of the lumber room / edited by Paul Goldman and Simon Cooke.
- Farnham, Surrey, England ; Burlington, VT, USA : Ashgate, 
- Physical Description:
- 224 pages: illustrations ; 25 cm
- Reference LibraryNC978 .R39 2012 (LC) ;Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 201-217) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Illustration of books -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Illustration of books, Victorian -- Great Britain.Magazine illustration -- Great Britain -- 19th century.
- Defining illustration studies : towards a new academic discipline / Paul Goldman
- Facsimile versus white line : an Anglo-German disparity / William Vaughan
- A bitter after-taste : the illustrated gift book of the 1860s / Simon Cooke
- Happy endings : death and domesticity in Victorian illustration / Julia Thomas
- Science and art : vestiges of corpses in pre-Raphaelite illustrations / Lorraine Kooistra
- "Fleshing out" time : Ford Madox Brown and the Dalziels' bible Gallery / Laura MacCulloch
- Making history : text and image in Harriet Martineau's historiettes / Mary Elizabeth Leighton and Lisa Surridge
- "Reading the pictures, visualizing the text" : illustrations in Dickens from Pickwick to the household edition, 1836 to 1870, Phiz to Fred Barnard / Philip Allingham
- "Spoils of the lumber room" : early collectors of wood-engraved illustrations from 1860s periodicals / Robert Meyrick.