Rosenfeld, Jason, John Everett Millais , c2012
John Everett Millais / Jason Rosenfeld.
- London ; Phaidon Press, c2012.
New York Phaidon Press, c2012.
- Physical Description:
- 256 p. : col. ill. ; 30 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18.M61 R674 2012 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Millais, John Everett, 1829-1896 -- Criticism and interpretation.Millais, John Everett, 1829-1896.
- Early work
- The pre-Raphaelite brotherhood
- From the literal to the emblematic: Millais in the 1850s
- Aesthete and illustrator, patriarch and capitalist
- Revivals and the perfection of design
- The return to nature and intimations of mortality.