- [Elsdon, Northumberland] : [Townfoot Studio], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 cut-paper work ; 21 x 27 cm. (flat)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.M675 T67 2008 Flat AYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Three dimensional paper sculpture.
Title supplied by artist.
Imprint information from Artists' book yearbook, 2010-1011.
"These books form part of a series based on a film with which I have been obsessed for years: 'I know where I'm going' (Powell & Pressburger, 1945)"--Artists' book yearbook.
"The inspiration for many of my current pieces comes from a 1945 film called 'I Know Where I'm Going'. My unique books often relate to a particular character in the film and contain the words that character speaks; bits of the script also trickle into other work, snippets of dialogue, forming and reforming, taking on new meanings and telling different stories. I also use half-remembered lines of songs and poems so that text forms an integral part of many of my pieces, shaping their form in the process."--Artist's statement.
Hand cut pages, ink paint and thread.--Artist's website.
Artists' book yearbook, 2010-2011, p. 231
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Crows -- Pictorial works.Forests and forestry -- Pictorial works.I know where I'm going! (Motion picture)Townfoot Studio -- Publisher.Women in natural history.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Toy and movable books.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.