Chasseaud, Peter, Blast?, 2011
- Lewes [England] : Tom Paine Printing Press, 2011.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : color illustrations ; 52 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2011 43jYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Inspired by Blast, an influential literary magazine of the Vorticist movement in Britain (issued 1914-1915).
Primarily printed with large wood types, in black, gray, red, and blue. Includes type specimens; a typographical map of London ("Sweet Thames"); a page of artist's names; a page of author's names; a page of philosopher's names.
"Blast the stupid, who are trying to destroy the world, against whom we struggle in vain! Bless Dada, Situationists, Fluxus, mode de vie, cabaret, Voltaire, Merz, Duchamp, Blast, printer's devil."--Page .
"Designed, composed and printed by Peter Chasseaud ..."--Colophon.
The typographic map of London was also issued separately.
Limited edition of 10 copies.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. "one" of 10, numbered and signed by Chasseaud. The BAC also has the typographic map of London issued separately (cataloged as Folio B 2011 43k).
- Subject Terms:
- Blast (London, England)London (England) -- Maps.Vorticism -- Great Britain.
- Typographical maps.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.