Obstetric calendar [realia].
- Additional Title(s):
Virol prevents rickets, anaemia, wasting, bring baby up on Virol
- London : Whitehead & Hoag Co., 92 Fleet Street, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 medal : aluminum ; 38 mm in diameter
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsRG551.W4 O2 1904 FlatYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- "Table of human conception in two adjacent, concentric circles divided into 12 segments; outermost circle, around edge, with date of conception, read first; inner circle gives date of birth and number of days to add to day of conception ... The calendar helps to calculate the day of birth from the date of conception, assuming an average human gestation period of 280 days. The first row gives the month of conception, the second the month of birth with the number of days to be added to the day of conception. Thus the birth of a child conceived on 1 January will be expected around 8 October."--British Museum.
Reverse: "Virol prevents rickets, anaemia, wasting, bring baby up on Virol."
- Subject Terms:
- Dietary supplements.Pregnancy.Whitehead & Hoag Co.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.