Dodd, Thomas, 1771-1850, A catalogue of the extensive and truly magnificent collection of prints , 
- A catalogue of the extensive and truly magnificent collection of prints : forming altogether an unusual display of the most rare and superior productions of the French, Flemish, German and English engravers ... : and upwards of 1500 pieces by the hand of Wenceslaus Hollar ... : and a capital and rich collection of portraits by and after Sir Anthony Vandyke ... which will be sold by a auction, by Mr. Thos. Dodd ... on Tuesday, the 6th day of February, 1810 and seventeen following days.
- [London] : Printed by J. & W. Smith, King Street, Seven Dials, 
- Physical Description:
- x, 93, , 102-162,  pages ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .D63 1810Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Letterpress title page for second part of sale: Magnificent collection of prints : second part : a catalogue of the extensive and truly magnificent collection of prints.
"Introductory observations on the utility of the art of engraving; the general instruction and entertainment afforded by prints; and some remarks on the difference and variety in impressions"--Signed Thomas Dodd., pp. vii-x.
Signatures: [A]⁴ B⁴-N⁴(-N4) pi1 B⁴-I⁴ chi1.
Date of sale: February 6-February 17, 1810 and February 20-March 3, 1810.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is annotated in ink with prices for all lots.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Engraving -- Catalogs.Hollar, Wenceslaus, 1607-1677.Portraits -- Catalogs.Van Dyck, Anthony, 1599-1641.
- Auction catalogs -- 1810 02 06 -03 02.
Auction catalogs -- England -- London -- 1810.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.