- Additional Title(s):
- Great Britain?, ca. 1914-1918.
- Physical Description:
- 1 flag : cotton ; 52 x 52 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTextiles 4cYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Square Union Jack flag, probably manufactured during the years of World War I. The flag's proportions and weight are that of a handkerchief. It includes a motto at each end of St. George's Cross, reading (clockwise): "Defence, not defiance"; "Be prepared"; "Faithful to the flag"; "Our king & country."
- Subject Terms:
- Flags -- Great Britain.World War, 1914-1918.
Printed textile materials.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.