The Boston gazette, and country journal , [ca. 1920?]
- The Boston gazette, and country journal : containing the freshest advices, foreign and domestic : Monday, March 12, 1770.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Boston gazette (Boston : 1755-1798)
- [United States?] : [s.n.], [ca. 1920?]
- Physical Description:
-  p. ; 41 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2013 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Type facsimile, probably ca. 1920, of the issue recounting the Boston Massacre. There have been at least 7 reprints of this issue (see Gavit).
Originally printed by Edes & Gill, 1770.
Chiefly news about the March 5 "Boston Massacre." Pages  and  are in black borders and include a picture of four coffins with initials of victims Samuel Gray, Samuel Maverick, John Clark, and Crispus Attucks.
At head of title: No. 779.
Imprint at foot of col. 3, p. .
Gavit, J. Amer. newspaper reprints p. 2
- Subject Terms:
- Boston Massacre, 1770.Massachusetts -- Politics and government -- To 1775.Newspapers -- Facsimiles -- Specimens.
- Facsimiles (Printing)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.