The principles and practice of sketching landscape scenery from nature : systematically arranged, and illustrated by numerous examples, from simple and easy subjects, to the more complicated and difficult combinations of objects : in four parts. / by John George Wood, F.S.A., author of Lectures on perspective, delivered at the Royal Institution in the years 1807, 1808, and 1809 ...
- Second edition
- London : Printed for the author ... by T. Bensley and Son ..., 1816.
- Physical Description:
- 4 v. : ill. ; 39 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC790 .W66 1816+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates published by J.G. Wood, London, 1814-1815.
Bridson, G. Plant, animal & anatomical illustrations, C461
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books to 1955 (compact edition), v. 27, p. 456
"Index" [i.e. table of contents] at end of pt. 4.
BAC: British Art Center copy in original parts. Complete in 4 v. Bound in original printed paper wrappers, as issued. Pt. 1 bound in dark tan paper wrappers. Pt. 2 bound in light tan wrappers. Pt. 3 and 4 bound in olive green papers wrappers. Pt's 3 and 4 lack edition statement on cover and contents which are present in pts. 1 and 2. Date on cover of pts. 3 and 4 '181 '.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Landscape drawing -- Technique.
- Drawing books.
Soft-ground etchings -- 1816.
- (From original wrappers): Part I. Containing elements of the art applied to buildings, with progressive examples, practical and explanatory
- pt. II. Containing the circle and objects depending upon it ...
- pt. III. Containing examples of trees
- [IV]. [General title only].