Joseph Wright notebook.
- Physical Description:
- 1 v. : ill. ; 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsIn Process ND1130.B3 W7 1775+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Arthur WeyheView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Archives & Manuscripts
- Subject Terms:
- Bardwell, Thomas, 1704-1767. Practice of painting and perspective made easyColor -- Early works to 1800.Darwin, Erasmus, 1731-1802 -- Correspondence.Paint mixing -- Early works to 1800.Painting -- Technique -- Early works to 1800.West, Benjamin, 1738-1820.Wright, Joseph, 1734-1797.
Letters of introduction.
- IIIF Manifest:
- Comprises: 48 pages copied from Thomas Bardwell's "Observations on Painting" (i.e. his The practice of painting and perspective made easy, first published in 1756), with annotations by Wright (1780)
- 2 pages of notes by Wright on Benjamin West's techniques and color (1775)
- 1 letter (2 pages, laid in), from Erasmus Darwin, dated 22 November 1775, introducing Wright to patrons in Bath, England.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.