Manuscript atlas, 1878.
- Physical Description:
- 1 atlas : 21 maps ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsIn Process G73 .R69 1878Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlases (manuscript)
- Bound in contemporary quarter roan and marbled boards.
Manuscript atlas with 21 maps of various countries and regions of Europe, Asia, and South America. The front paste down is inscribed: "W.C. Rowland, Memorial College, Brecon, Febry. 9th, 1878." The quality of the maps, and occasional mistakes in orthography, suggest the work of a younger hand. Most of the maps are in pen and ink. Maps of France and South America are hand-colored.
- Subject Terms:
- Europe -- Maps.Geography -- Study and teaching.Rowland, W. C.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.