IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Lemaire, Angela, Swallow , 
Swallow / A. Lemaire.
- [Innerleithen, Scotland] : [Robert Smail's Printing Works], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 broadside : ill. ; 30 x 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE1147.6.L46 S93 2001a+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of the artistView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Poem by Angela Lemaire, with a wood-engraved illustration, also by Lemaire, at the head of the broadside.
Issued in a limited edition of 100 copies.
Imprint supplied by the cataloger, from an email with the artist. The wood-engraving was executed in 2000.
The Swallow engraving also appears in Scintilla 15 (2011).
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 61 of 100, numbered and signed by the artist. Housed with two other broadsides by Lemaire: My ships and Cistercians.
- Subject Terms:
- Swallows -- Poetry.Women in natural history.
- Wood engravings -- 2001.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.