Roberson & Company, manufacturers of oil and water colors, materials for drawing and painting : no. 99 Long Acre, London, W.C.
- Additional Title(s):
Materials for drawing and painting
- [London] : [Roberson & Company], [not before 1862]
- Physical Description:
- 1 broadside : ill. ; 44 x 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2013 5Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Prize medal awarded to Roberson & Company for 'drawing materials,' International Exhibition 1851 & 1862."
Broadside advertisement for artists' materials sold by Roberson & Company, London.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' materials -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Artists' materials industry -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Artists' tools -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Drawing materials -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Paper -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Pigments -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Roberson & Company.Watercolor painting -- Great Britain -- 19th century.
Wood engravings -- 1862.
- IIIF Manifest:
- Water colours, in cakes. Moist water colours, in China pans and tubes
- Water colours, in boxes
- Chinese and constant white
- Science and art department
- Boxes of colours & materials for illuminating
- Studio cabinets
- Roberson's medium for oil painting
- Sketching boxes
- Lake Price's moist water-color box
- Drawing papers
- Cartoon Paper, &c.
- Chalks and crayons
- Combination pocket sketch book and palette
- Roberson's prepared lead pencils
- Polished pencils
- Brushes and pencils
- Academy boards, and prepared paper, for sketching in oil
- French lay figures
- Varnishes, oils, &c.
- Etching & copperplate printing materials.