A little boy called "Taps" / words by Edward Madden ; music by Theodore Morse ; sung ... by Madge Lessing.
- Additional Title(s):
In a little town as the sun goes down
When she hears the bugle calling
- London : Francis, Day & Hunter, c1904.
- Physical Description:
- 1 score (5 p.) : port. ; 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsM1 .H6+ v. 1 no. 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Celia Hopkinson in memory of her father Frederick Herbert Dawson and grandmother Plessy DawsonAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Music (printed)
- Song for voice and piano.
First line: In a little town, as the sun goes down.
First line of chorus: When she hears the bugle calling.
Portrait on t.p.: Madge Lessing.
- Subject Terms:
- Bugle calls -- Scores.Death -- Songs and music.Francis, Day & Hunter -- Publisher.Mothers and sons -- Songs and music.Popular music -- 1901-1910.Soldiers -- Songs and music.Songs with piano.
- Lithographs -- 1904.
YCBA Collections Search
Morse, Theodore F., 1873-1924, A little boy called "Taps" , c1904
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.